Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm Melissa and I'm a junior at the wonderful University of Texas. I'm majoring in Public Relations and "minoring" in Business.

What do I want to do? Where do I want to go?
Everything. And everywhere. But Austin will always be my home.

I decided to start my own blog when I realized I actually had stuff to write about...
I am right in the middle of a unique, quirky, artistic town with much to experience. Here, I'll blog about what keeps Austin weird and maybe, just maybe, you'll understand why it's many people's favorite place on Earth.

Randoms:
  • PETS: My spoiled, stubborn, smarty-pants Beagle, Bella
  • SNACK: Jalapeno Chips
  • MOVIE: Breakfast at Tiffany's & Almost Famous
  • COLOR: Turquoise
  • DRINK: Sweet Leaf Tea & Coffee
  • HOBBY: Creating
Current Obsessions:
  • MUSIC: Regina Spektor, The Avett Brothers, Santigold & Phoenix
  • SHOPPING: The Buffalo Exchange
  • ODDITIES: Researching and learning about starting a business
  • ART SCENE: Art shows! - Art From the Streets & East Austin Studio Tour
  • OTHER: Plaid & song birds

A little more about me...
I love Austin.



I love animals, art, falling in love with movies, live music, escaping into books, hot tea in the morning, finding new passions, always believing, the colors of autumn and creating - writing, painting, crafting, taking pictures, etc. etc. -

What to expect? Art, music and anything else in between.
Let's not keep it too structured...
Leaves a little mystery, right?



Until next time,
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Regina Spektor, the Avett Brothers, Almost Famous, and Breakfast at TIffany's? No wonder we're related! I just saw Pirate Radio last night, which if you loved Almost Famous (very different, funnier in some ways, but still all about the music) then I think you'll like it. Great music and really funny, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is still a music buff/freak in it.

    I look forward to reading this!!

    p.s. my blog I had to start for school: www.musingsof20somethings.blogspot.com

    - Katie

    ReplyDelete